Saturday, July 9, 2011

I got to do it!

Hey!!! Blessing and Love to you in Jesus name!
So after our amazing trip to LA/OC God lovingly confirmed that he has called us to do this for sure. As you have read in previous blogs I have had a hard time taking that step of faith and fully trusting in God provisions for our lives. Patrick felt Strong about going for it and put in his 2 weeks notice. I asked the Lord in prayer many times to confirm this is what he wanted me to do. As many of you know when your doing ministry and travel you cant work a normal job as well to bring in the income. You fully live on support so that you can be available for what God throws your way & to be fully focused.
I know fund raising is a full time job in itself. Its also very humbling.. I have always been independent. I have worked from the time I was 15 years old. I do not like asking anyone for anything. especially money.. I would prefer making my own money and being independent.. The Lord teaches us different thought. He said become like a child. fully dependant on him. In my heart i know that's what i want to do, and this is what we are called to.. My mind has been worrying trying to figure out where the money would come from, who is would come from and how it may happen.. things were happening in the ministry we were missing out on, fellowships, prayer times with the team.. it felt like we were slowly fading out.
I Prayed to see if I were to stay longer.. Knowing our full amount was not in to pay our rent. I still had this heavy feeling every time we thought about staying at Starbucks. After our trip to LA we knew it was a must. At work I kept thinking about when i should tell my boss.. working with her was so awkward because i had this on my chest.
so the next morning i fasted to find out that day if i were to put in my notice. hearing many confirmations i just needed to hear the Lord speak in an awesome way.
So after work i went next door to to skype with friends from Turkey.. "they said to me why you always too busy to talk to us?" " We thought you didn't want to talk to us." It made me sad i was too busy with Starbucks to maintain my relationship with friends in Turkey..
After talking with them I sat.. I said "Lord I'm fasting and i need you to tell me what to do please."
I got a text message from Larissa a friend from our team asking me what i was doing that she was across the street from Starbucks.
I felt instant comfort like she was so close to me.
Then I said Lord will you please speak to me again?
I felt like i needed to leave after sitting for awhile waiting.
I saw a man and his wife who always come to Starbucks they always talk to me.. from day one Charlie has told me to find another job because i was too good for Starbucks.
He asked me how are you? have you went to the doctors office like i told you to last time ? you will get a job for sure!" he says passionately.
I told him well, charlie.. Your going to think I'm crazy, but Patrick and i are going to do full time missions.. Patrick put in his 2 weeks and i been nervous to because I'm scared. I told him we would live off support and I'm very independent etc.. He looked at me and said.. Why is that crazy???!! Go for it! I told you that you were special! no matter what you do you will be a success! don't worry about your job. they will find someone else! You guys are young! Go put your 2 weeks notice in now! We will miss you honey! So I did! I talked with my boss and she was so understanding! she even said your one of or best employees and ill hate losing you but I'm happy for you guys! she told me if i ever needed to comeback anytime and work i was welcome! FAVOR!! This week has been so amazing! i have been able to share what God was doing in our lives to my favorite customers! people were blown away and excited and encouraging about it. I'm so excited!
Please pray for us:
*We aren't at the full amount yet. Getting close.
*Pray for ywam ships - We need our base in OC!

No comments:

Post a Comment